Gareth Bale a doubt for LaLiga clash with Espanyol
The Welshman went off injured against Sporting and will undergo medical tests tomorrow. James or Lucas Vázquez could come into the side in his place.
Gareth Bale’s flying start to the season could be set to come to a sudden halt this weekend after he went off with a knock early in the second half of Real Madrid’s 2-1 win over Sporting Lisbon on Wednesday night.
Injury forced Bale off in the second half
The Welshman tumbled to the ground after a challenge from Sebastian Coates just before the break and took a few minutes to get back up. Though he continued into the second half he lasted little over 20 minutes before he was replaced by Lucas Vázquez.
Lucas Vázquez or James the likely replacement
Bale looked visibly in pain and will meet with club doctors tomorrow morning to determine the full extent of the injury. It’s likely that he’ll miss Real Madrid’s visit to Espanyol at the weekend, forcing coach Zinedine Zidane into making a change. Either Lucas Vázquez or James, neither of which have started a league game this season, will come into the side in his place.
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL Mourinho got a "special" message from Ed Woodward after landing Spurs job
- REAL MADRID Marcelo on Rodrygo, Vinicius and anxiety before Liverpool game
- PREMIER LEAGUE Pochettino's goodbye to Spurs player etched on blackboard
- REAL MADRID Eden Hazard: "At one point this summer I weighed 80 kilos"
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid fans angry over Bale's "childish" antics - Calderon
- Premier League Mourinho's call for 'respect' as he sends warning to Klopp and Pep