Cristiano: the most followed man on social media
The Real Madrid striker only trails pop star Taylor Swift in the overall list with his 238 million followers over Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo is the man with the most followers in the world across social media platforms, and the second most followed person overall behind pop icon Taylor Swift, according to Apple Tree Communications.
Ronaldo now has 238 million followers on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram combined, and is the only male in the top five, which is topped by Swift (219m), Katy Perry (219m), Selena Gómez (205m) and Rihanna (190m).
Women rule social media
With the Portuguese footballer clearly being the odd one out, the Apple Tree Communications analysis notes three defining trends linking the top five: female, singer, and American.
The music aspect is something which is a continuing trend when looking more widely at the top 20 most followed people on the internet, with 13 overall working in the industry. Meanwhile, 60% of the top 20 is made up by women, and 65% were born in the United States.
Te recomendamos en English
- Lautaro Martinez 'very happy' at Inter amid Barca links – agent
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Coronavirus USA Trump executive orders: could it be declared unconstitutional?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: why is there no agreement on a second $1,200 payment?
- CORONAVIRUS Trump executive orders: when does $400 unemployment boost start?
- CORONAVIRUS USA Trump executive orders: when do they come into effect?