Joey Barton sent home from Rangers training
Rangers midfielder Joey Barton, who signed for the Scottish club this summer, has been sent home from training after an 'incident'
Barton sent home from training
In what might be the least unexpected news of the new season Rangers player Joey Barton has been sent home from training after an 'incident'. Sources suggest that the incident in question was an altercation between Barton and Andy Halliday.
Row over defeat to Celtic
The cause of the row was said to be over Rangers' 5-1 humbling by Celtic at the weekend.
Barton, who has previously played for Manchester City, Newcastle and QPR, is now expected to miss the remainder of training this week AND sit out the home game against Ross County on Saturday.
Barton's career marked by controversy
Barton's career has been marked by controvery, with the 34 year old being convicted twice on violence charges. He was jailed in 2008 for common assault and was given a four month suspended sentence after admitting assault on teammate Ousmane Dabo during a training ground bust up in 2007.
Te recomendamos en English
- MANCHESTER UNITED Pogba nowhere near ready for Man Utd return, says Solskjaer
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Marcelo has become a liability
- MANCHESTER CITY Guardiola "100 percent" behind City after Champions League ban
- BARCELONA Messi on Barcelona social media scandal: "It's a strange subject"
- VAR Wenger VAR offside proposal ruled out by IFAB for now
- MANCHESTER UNITED Van Persie: Man Utd can't keep changing coaches, give Solskjaer time