Simeone confirms amended contract: "It's true"
El Cholo confirmed that his contract with Atlético de Madrid has been reduced from 2020 to 2018. "In two years' time we can renew, it doesn't mean it's the end".
Simeone explains changes to his contract
Diego Simeone confirmed today that his contract with Atlético de Madrid has been reduced and will now expire in June 2018 - two years earlier than the previous arrangement. The Argentinean insists that the changes to his contract don't affect his working relationship with the club, telling reporters today, "In two years' time we can renew, it doesn't mean it's the end".
I can confirm it's true. We have spoken with the club and made the best decisions for the club and the team; we've taken this decision in conjunction with the club's directors and it doesn't alter the possibility of renewing terms again once the new arrangement ends. It's us show what we feel for the club by our deeds; everyone can relax, we're fine
Does all of this constant talk about your future get on your nerves?
It doesn't annoy me. It's normal that opinions are formed on what you do. If I am here right now, it's because I want to be here. If four and a half years ago I decided to maintain this common understanding with the club, and the people here, it's because I feel it's what I want. What stimulates me is the energy generated by the atmosphere at this club. I follow what my head and my heart tells me and I'm not about to change now at 46 years of age.
What's the reason behind the change?
We needed to do what we feel is fair; we understand that it's an important situation for all of us but what is written in contracts is private. The only thing I ask is that the lads in the team give their heart and soul. In two year's time we can renew and sign a new deal, it's doesn't mean it's the end.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: 20 January could be a key date for a new round of payments
- US Election 2020 Biden announces first nominations for White House cabinet
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: will there be a new payment in December?
- us news US Presidential Election & covid-19 updates: Trump, Biden, results, cases, latest news
- Champions League Juventus vs Ferencvaros: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- FOOTBALL Zlatan Ibrahimovic attacks EA Sports for using his image