CAS accepts Real Madrid appeal over suspended youth players
Real Madrid announced on Friday that the Court of Arbitration for Sport has accepted its appeal over youth players affected by last week's FIFA sanction
The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has ruled that Real Madrid can play youth players that had been initially banned last week by FIFA, following cautionary action requested by the club.
Real Madrid, along with Atlético Madrid, were last Thursday handed a ban on signing players for two transfer windows along with a fine of 360,000 and 900,000 Swiss Francs respectively, after breaking rules protecting underage players.
The players in question, which include the sons of Real manager Zinedine Zidane, were temporarily suspended while the clubs were given 90 days in which to regularise the situation of all minors concerned.
Appeal on transfer ban
These players are now free to play again under the CAS ruling, however the transfer bans and fines are still being enforced, subject to appeals to the court by both Real Madrid and Atlético.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS What will the new IRS income tax brackets be for 2021?
- Coronavirus stimulus checks IRS extends $500 stimulus check for kids deadline - when is the new date and how do you claim it?
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Who are the candidates for 2020 US Elections besides Trump and Biden?
- US ELECTIONS Will Amish people vote in the 2020 USA Elections?
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live online updates: cases, deaths, stimulus checks and latest news
- UNITED STATES USA elections 2020 live online updates: Trump - Biden, polls, stimulus checks, latest news