Arsenal's Héctor Bellerín challenges Usain Bolt to race
The Gunners fullback, who's best time over 40m is better than Olympic champion Bolt's, says he's waiting for the Jamaican's call
Arsenal’s Spanish right back Hector Bellerín is a fan favourite at the Emirates Stadium for his charging runs up the flank and his blistering pace.
In fact, the Gunners defender broke speed-demon Theo Walcott's 40m club sprint record last year with a time of 4.42 seconds.
Bellerín faster than Bolt over 40m
What’s even more impressive, however, is the fact that Bellerín’s 40m time is actually faster than what it took Usain Bolt to run the same distance when the Jamaican set his 9.58 second 100m world-record at the World Championships in 2009.
And now, Bellerín has set a challenge to the nine-time Olympic gold medallist. When asked about a potential race between him and Bolt, Bellerín answered: "It's not me you have to ask, I've been waiting for that phone call from Jamaica.
"I challenged him a while ago and he said maybe after Rio. So I'm just waiting now, need to push him."
I guess we’ll all just have to watch this (s)pace!
Te recomendamos en English
- latest news Happy Thanksgiving 2020 messages, images and memes
- thanksgiving Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade: times, TV and how to watch online
- HOLIDAYS Thanksgiving: since when has it been celebrated? What’s its origin and meaning?
- Maradona How did Maradona die: cause of death of the Argentinean legend
- DIEGO MARADONA 1960-2020 Maradona dies at 60: football world pays tribute to Argentina great
- MARADONA 1960-2020 Maradona dead: updates, latest news and reactions