Arsenal's Héctor Bellerín challenges Usain Bolt to race
The Gunners fullback, who's best time over 40m is better than Olympic champion Bolt's, says he's waiting for the Jamaican's call
Arsenal’s Spanish right back Hector Bellerín is a fan favourite at the Emirates Stadium for his charging runs up the flank and his blistering pace.
In fact, the Gunners defender broke speed-demon Theo Walcott's 40m club sprint record last year with a time of 4.42 seconds.
Bellerín faster than Bolt over 40m
What’s even more impressive, however, is the fact that Bellerín’s 40m time is actually faster than what it took Usain Bolt to run the same distance when the Jamaican set his 9.58 second 100m world-record at the World Championships in 2009.
And now, Bellerín has set a challenge to the nine-time Olympic gold medallist. When asked about a potential race between him and Bolt, Bellerín answered: "It's not me you have to ask, I've been waiting for that phone call from Jamaica.
"I challenged him a while ago and he said maybe after Rio. So I'm just waiting now, need to push him."
I guess we’ll all just have to watch this (s)pace!
Te recomendamos en English
- Granada vs Real Madrid Granada vs Real Madrid: How and where to watch LaLiga - times, TV, online
- GRANADA 1-2 REAL MADRID Real Madrid player ratings after 2-1 victory over Granada
- Coronavirus South Africa curfew: how to get permit to travel for work
- Coronavirus Lockdown in Pune: dates and restrictions
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS USA Stimulus check: McConnell gives date for Senate debate to begin