Rafa Nadal gets 'Delhi belly' and pulls out of Davis Cup
Spain's Rafa Nadal was due to play India's Ramkumar Ramanathan in the two countries' Davis Cup encounter, but pulled out due to an 'upset stomach'
Tennis star Rafael Nadal pulled out of Spain's opening Davis Cup tie against India after being laid low by an upset stomach.
World number four Nadal was due to play India's Ramkumar Ramanathan in the first singles rubber of the three-day contest being staged in the Indian capital. He will be replaced by teammate Feliciano Lopez.
"Rafael Nadal will not play the first game due to stomach infection," an All India Tennis Association (AITA) official told AFP.
Spain's David Ferrer, who is ranked 13th, is scheduled to play the second singles match of the day against Saketh Myneni.
Te recomendamos en English
- Football Edinson Cavani apologises for social media post
- LIGA MX Miguel Herrera to continue as the head coach of Club América
- LIGA MX Paul Aguilar will play in Major League Soccer next year
- Football Aspetar to host sports medicine forum until Qatar 2022
- US Election 2020 US Election: when is the electoral college vote?
- FORTNITE Fortnite Galactus Live Event: date and times