Rafa Nadal gets 'Delhi belly' and pulls out of Davis Cup
Spain's Rafa Nadal was due to play India's Ramkumar Ramanathan in the two countries' Davis Cup encounter, but pulled out due to an 'upset stomach'
Tennis star Rafael Nadal pulled out of Spain's opening Davis Cup tie against India after being laid low by an upset stomach.
World number four Nadal was due to play India's Ramkumar Ramanathan in the first singles rubber of the three-day contest being staged in the Indian capital. He will be replaced by teammate Feliciano Lopez.
"Rafael Nadal will not play the first game due to stomach infection," an All India Tennis Association (AITA) official told AFP.
Spain's David Ferrer, who is ranked 13th, is scheduled to play the second singles match of the day against Saketh Myneni.
Te recomendamos en English
- European Super League Juventus still keen on breakaway league as AC Milan withdraw
- BARCELONA Aguero places Messi clause on Barcelona move
- European Super League Atletico squad release European Super League statement
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE The dramatic rise and swift fall of Europe's Super League
- Murder of George Floyd What did Biden say about Chauvin's guilty verdict for murder of George Floyd
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check: will it be approved and sent in May?