Forget your price tag, Mourinho tells Pogba
The Manchester United manager says that he has no doubt that the world-record signing's form will pick up following a mixed start.
Jose Mourinho has told world record signing Paul Pogba to forget about his price tag and to focus on performing for Manchester United.
Mourinho urges Pogba to forget price tag
Pogba moved back to Old Trafford from Juventus this summer in a deal worth almost €105 million but has disappointed in his first games, in particular against local rivals Manchester City and in the Europa League tie with Feyenoord on Thursday night.
Mourinho, however, says he has no doubt that Pogba’s form will pick up quickly. “The world-record player is always a question that will be open until somebody breaks the record,” he told the British media. “I just want Paul to forget that and to play his football.”
A busy summer to blame for poor start
The Manchester United manager also pointed to Pogba’s hectic summer as a potential explanation for his slow start.
“Euro final, no pre-season, holidays, come back - it's normal that that after the first game he has a little decrease, but I am full of trust with him because I know the player he is,” he said.
Pogba's form will improve, says Mourinho
“I know that he is a very good guy with a lot of ambition, so the form will come naturally and will come with the team,” he continued. “The team improves, Paul improves. No problem.”
United visit Watford in the Premier League on Sunday and will be looking to bounce back from back-to-back defeats against Manchester City and Feyenoord.
Te recomendamos en English
- BRAZIL Tite talks Vinicius, Rodrygo, Casemiro and Neymar in AS exclusive
- MANCHESTER CITY Raheem Sterling talks to AS: "What Zidane's done isn't down to luck, it's a formula"
- BARCELONA Abidal: "Problem with Messi? I've learned a lot of things during the past few days"
- GETAFE 2 - AJAX 0 Bordalás: "Ajax are still the favourites, no doubt about it"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Willian keen to to remain in London as Chelsea contract runs down
- BARCELONA Messi and Kluivert, previous owners of the No.19 shirt at Barcelona