James changes his tune and is back in favour with Zidane
The Colombian player is showing a different attitude and convincing the French coach when given playing time for Madrid.
Are we seeing a new James Rodríguez? Despite the Colombian midfielder falling to secure a starting position this season there seems to be a shift in the player's attitude from the past campaign
He provided an assist in the 0-3 win on the opening day of the season at Anoeta and was industrious in the time he was given in the home win against Celta at the Bernabeu. The Colombian was also instrumental in Madrid's late late show on Wednesday providing the assist for Alvaro Morata's 94th minute winner against Sporting CP in the Champions League.
The 25 year old player has played for Madrid for a total of 99 minutes in the current campaign across all competitions and in that time has been instrumental in two of Madrid's goals
Zidane is also seeing a new version of the Colombian and in his pre-match press conference ahead of tomorrows away trip to Espanyol hinted that James may get his first start of the 2016/17 campaign. If this is the case then it will be the Colombian international's first start since May 8th in the league game against Valencia some 133 days ago.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Napoli sack Ancelotti
- Liverpool 'greedy for more' in Champions League after booking last-16 spot
- Champions League Champions League last 16 taking shape ahead of Monday draw
- Inter Milan 1-2 Barcelona Ansu Fati becomes youngest ever Champions League goal scorer
- Manchester City Guardiola backs Foden to become heartbeat of City team
- Juventus Sarri wants Juventus to finish in style