Barcelona's MSN are a compelling force
Together they are irresistible. They could play with their eyes shut and find each other. Messi, Suárez and Neymar, with a couple of flawless chapters from their footballing pens, overwrote any doubts left after the defeat to Alavés in the Liga last weekend. In two games, against Celtic at home and Leganés at Butarque, the Trident scored 10 goals, and set up nine.
Messi scored five, Suárez three, Neymar two
Messi scored five (a hat-trick against the Glaswegians and two against Leganés), while Luis Suárez (four goals now in LaLiga) scored two in the Champions League and one today. Neymar for his part got one in each game, setting up four in the win over Celtic. In total the three gave nine assists, six in the Camp Nou and three in Butarque.
MSN now face Atleti
And now the feared trident will turn its attentions to a big name... Simeone's Atlético are visiting on Wednesday night. Expect fireworks.
Te recomendamos en English
- RUSSIA Russia banned from Olympics and World Cup 2022 over doping scandal
- El CLÁSICO | BARCELONA - REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane's headache - how to stop Messi in El Clásico... 3 possible solutions
- BARCELONA Messi impossible to replace - Barcelona president
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Casemiro must avoid getting booked against Valencia
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Barcelona, Inter set to discuss Rakitic, Vidal and Lautaro Martínez in Milan
- Barcelona 'cannot afford' to lose Vidal in January, says Blaugrana president Bartomeu