Atlético Madrid fans show their support for Simeone
The Atleti fans cheered Simeone in the 18th minute of the game, to show they still love him despite his decision to cut his contract with the club from 2020 to 2018.
Atlético Madrid fans back Simeone
The Vicente Calderón knows who it loves: Diego Simeone, and the Atleti fans showed their support for him today, even after this week's news that he's cut short his contract from 2020 to 2018.
Applause for Simeone in the 18th minute
And it was in the 18th minute of today's 5-0 thrashing of Sporting that the red and white fans unleashed all their love for the coach who's revolutionised their club, taking them to a Liga title and two Champions League finals, as well as winning the Europa League and European Super Cup and the Copa del Rey against bitter rivals Real Madrid.
As the Atleti faithful cheered their man, Cholo Simeone came off the bench to applaud the crowd and thank them for their gesture.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Kane: Probably toughest time since I've been at Tottenham
- Premier League Liverpool praise Man United for swift action on racist abuse
- PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN Mbappé, Cavani unable to play 90 minutes yet, says PSG boss Tuchel
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Clásico decision pushed back to Barcelona and Real Madrid
- ATLÉTICO DE MADRID Atlético de Madrid tracking Porto's youth pearl Fabio Silva
- GALATASARAY-REAL MADRID Zidane: "The rumours bother me; I want to be here forever"