Diego Simeone gave his impressions on Atlético's 5-0 romp over Sporting and admitted that he was "blown away" by the ovation which the Calderón treated him to when the clock struck minute 18.
Game under control: "I wasn't thinking about the Barcelona game when we went 2-0 up because Sporting still looked dangerous and the game was by no means sentenced".
Ovation from the crowd on minute 18: "I'm very touched, that was an emotional moment for me... when you follow your heart you almost never get it wrong".
Gameiro: "We're happy with how the team performed collectively; we interpreted the start of the game well and surprised them with our forwards pressing high. Gameiro did a great job, he makes an effort, he created chances and scored a real beauty, and that will give him confidence".
Goals: "We usually score in all of our games, or at least generate chances to score. This is football and today, the team didn't take long to find the route to the first goal; we also have players who are waiting for their chance like Fernando and Correa, who are very dangerous for our rivals".
Griezmann: "For me he was the best player in Europe last season. I am in absolutely no doubt about what I am saying. He scored a lot of goals in the league Liga and I hope that he goes from strength to strength. I really hope he is shortlisted for the Balln d'Or. He's got an amazing future ahead of him".
Te recomendamos en English
- RUSSIA Russia banned from Olympics and World Cup 2022 over doping scandal
- El CLÁSICO | BARCELONA - REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane's headache - how to stop Messi in El Clásico... 3 possible solutions
- BARCELONA Messi impossible to replace - Barcelona president
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Casemiro must avoid getting booked against Valencia
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Barcelona, Inter set to discuss Rakitic, Vidal and Lautaro Martínez in Milan
- Barcelona 'cannot afford' to lose Vidal in January, says Blaugrana president Bartomeu