Bayern’s Douglas Costa could miss Atlético clash
The Brazilian winger has been ruled out for the foreseeable future with a hamstring injury, just 10 days before their Champions League clash at the Calderón.
Out for undisclosed length of time
Bayern Munich winger Douglas Costa has been ruled out for the foreseeable future with a hamstring injury - just 10 days before the team's Champions League MatchDay 2 clash at Atlético de Madrid.
Costa suffered the injury in the second-half of Bayern's 3-1 home win against Ingolstadt on Saturday - a result which preserved their faultless record after the first three league games under Carlo Ancelotti.
Having come off after 83 minutes, Costa's injury was confirmed by Bayern's team doctor Volker Braun, but the club gave no details on Sunday of how long the Brazilian will be out for.
Bayern face Atlético away in their second Champions League group stage outing on 28 September in a re-match of last season's semi-final, which the German giants lost over two legs. The timing of Costa's injury is unfortunate with Bayern playing host to Hertha Berlin on Wednesday, then facing Hamburg and Atlético away, before a home league match against Cologne, all in a whirlwind 10 days.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Neymar in high spirits in individual training at PSG
- MLB MLB spring training: who's playing this weekend and how to watch
- NFL Could Mac Jones be the quarterback of the future with the New England Patriots?
- US News Why has Biden ordered military action in Syria?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check calculator: how much could you receive?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: how many votes are needed to pass the relief bill?