Bayern’s Douglas Costa could miss Atlético clash
The Brazilian winger has been ruled out for the foreseeable future with a hamstring injury, just 10 days before their Champions League clash at the Calderón.
Out for undisclosed length of time
Bayern Munich winger Douglas Costa has been ruled out for the foreseeable future with a hamstring injury - just 10 days before the team's Champions League MatchDay 2 clash at Atlético de Madrid.
Costa suffered the injury in the second-half of Bayern's 3-1 home win against Ingolstadt on Saturday - a result which preserved their faultless record after the first three league games under Carlo Ancelotti.
Having come off after 83 minutes, Costa's injury was confirmed by Bayern's team doctor Volker Braun, but the club gave no details on Sunday of how long the Brazilian will be out for.
Bayern face Atlético away in their second Champions League group stage outing on 28 September in a re-match of last season's semi-final, which the German giants lost over two legs. The timing of Costa's injury is unfortunate with Bayern playing host to Hertha Berlin on Wednesday, then facing Hamburg and Atlético away, before a home league match against Cologne, all in a whirlwind 10 days.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby