Bayern’s Douglas Costa could miss Atlético clash
The Brazilian winger has been ruled out for the foreseeable future with a hamstring injury, just 10 days before their Champions League clash at the Calderón.
Out for undisclosed length of time
Bayern Munich winger Douglas Costa has been ruled out for the foreseeable future with a hamstring injury - just 10 days before the team's Champions League MatchDay 2 clash at Atlético de Madrid.
Costa suffered the injury in the second-half of Bayern's 3-1 home win against Ingolstadt on Saturday - a result which preserved their faultless record after the first three league games under Carlo Ancelotti.
Having come off after 83 minutes, Costa's injury was confirmed by Bayern's team doctor Volker Braun, but the club gave no details on Sunday of how long the Brazilian will be out for.
Bayern face Atlético away in their second Champions League group stage outing on 28 September in a re-match of last season's semi-final, which the German giants lost over two legs. The timing of Costa's injury is unfortunate with Bayern playing host to Hertha Berlin on Wednesday, then facing Hamburg and Atlético away, before a home league match against Cologne, all in a whirlwind 10 days.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Jadon Sancho came very close to joining in 2017
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League to allow five substitutions for rest of 2019/20
- George Floyd Autopsy reveals George Floyd was infected with Covid-19
- George Floyd What is K-pop and why are fans swarming social media over George Floyd protests?