James post-match interview after Espanyol 0-2 Real Madrid
James, starting his first game this season, opened the scoring for Real Madrid in their 2-0 win over Espanyol.
James opens scoring for Real Madrid
James grabbed Real Madrid's opening goal in their 2-0 win over Espanyol in the Liga and admitted after the game that he was feeling good.
James post-match interview
Key goal for Real Madrid, how do you feel? "I'm feeling good. I think we were sitting a bit too deep and they were doing well, they were playing well, but I think the result is fair."
How important is that personally for you? You've been having a hard time... "I've not been having a hard time. I've got the support of everyone, including the coach. It's not about what people out there are saying. I've a great relationship with Zidane and my teammates and you can see that. We're a united team and we want to keep winning and setting records. Today we got one [equalled Barcelona's record of 16 consecutive wins]".
Did you understand why you were brought off? "Yes, I'm just another player and I want to help the team"
Was your departure from the club discussed? "I always wanted to be here and I'm going to fight to be here forever. Zidane hasn't said anything to me".
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Mbappé transfer: the nuclear option to force his departure from PSG
- EURO 2020 Busquets: "We'll send Van der Vaart a leg of ham as a thank you present"
- NBA Durant responds to Pippen after Bulls legend says Nets star 'doesn't have what LeBron has'
- TENNIS Defending champion Simona Halep ruled out of Wimbledon
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS $300 unemployment benefit: which states still keep payments?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Florentino explains Sergio Ramos' and Zidane's departures