Yaya Touré won't play until he apologises says Guardiola
Pep Guardiola says Yaya Touré will not feature again for City until he apologises for comments made by his agent
I'm the boss, says Pep
Pep Guardiola says that midfielder Yaya Touré will not feature again in the team until he receives an apology from the player for the recent comments made by his representative Dimitri Seluk.
Seluk complained that his client has been humiliated by being omitted from City’s Champions League squad and added that if the team fails to be crowned champions of Europe this season, he hopes Guardiola “has the balls” to admit he was in the wrong to leave Touré in the lurch.
Speaking this afternoon, the City manager made it clear that he is the one who calls the shots: "[Touré] must apologise. If he doesn't, he won't play."
Agent Seluk responds to Guardiola
Seluk later responded to Guardiola's calls for an apology by attacking the Manchester City coach in an interview on Sky Sports.
“Guardiola wins a few games and thinks he’s king. I live in Europe so I can say what I like and Guardiola can’t stop me. I will apologise to Guardiola if he will apologise to Manuel Pellegrini for what he did to him.”
Te recomendamos en English
- MANCHESTER UNITED Pogba nowhere near ready for Man Utd return, says Solskjaer
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Marcelo has become a liability
- MANCHESTER CITY Guardiola "100 percent" behind City after Champions League ban
- BARCELONA Messi on Barcelona social media scandal: "It's a strange subject"
- VAR Wenger VAR offside proposal ruled out by IFAB for now
- MANCHESTER UNITED Van Persie: Man Utd can't keep changing coaches, give Solskjaer time