Yaya Touré won't play until he apologises says Guardiola
Pep Guardiola says Yaya Touré will not feature again for City until he apologises for comments made by his agent
I'm the boss, says Pep
Pep Guardiola says that midfielder Yaya Touré will not feature again in the team until he receives an apology from the player for the recent comments made by his representative Dimitri Seluk.
Seluk complained that his client has been humiliated by being omitted from City’s Champions League squad and added that if the team fails to be crowned champions of Europe this season, he hopes Guardiola “has the balls” to admit he was in the wrong to leave Touré in the lurch.
Speaking this afternoon, the City manager made it clear that he is the one who calls the shots: "[Touré] must apologise. If he doesn't, he won't play."
Agent Seluk responds to Guardiola
Seluk later responded to Guardiola's calls for an apology by attacking the Manchester City coach in an interview on Sky Sports.
“Guardiola wins a few games and thinks he’s king. I live in Europe so I can say what I like and Guardiola can’t stop me. I will apologise to Guardiola if he will apologise to Manuel Pellegrini for what he did to him.”
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- US NEWS US Election 2020: How can I get absentee ballot to vote?
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Luis Suárez swaps Barcelona for LaLiga rivals Atlético Madrid
- BARCELONA Sergiño Dest is the second most expensive American transfer in history
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool keen on signing 17-year-old sensation Gio Reyna
- FOOTBALL Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney make Wrexham bid