Rodríguez gets 5-game ban for leaving Kohr with 14cm wound
Mainz player and former Real Madrid youth team player José Rodríguez has also been dealt a heavy fine for his brutal challenge on Dominik Kohr.
Suspension and fine
The Deutscher Fussball Bund's Sporting Tribunal has served Mainz player José Rodríguez with a five-game suspension and fined the player 10,000 euros for his dangerous challenge on Augsburg's Dominik Kohr.
The incident happened in stoppage time of Sunday's match when Mainz were leading 1-3 and with the ball far from either penalty area. Making matters worse, Rodríguez had only been on the pitch for a matter of minutes, having come on as a late sub for Jean-Philippe Gbamin. Circumstances which only heightened Augsburg's indignation. Rodríguez meanwhile was left in tears at the sheer brutality of what he had done.
According to the medical report, miraculously Dominik Kohr avoided a fractured ankle but has a very deep, 14 centimetre would to the shin which will keep him out of action for the next month. Rodríguez, who was issued a direct red card, later apologised both personally to the player and on Facebook but could also face a further fine from Mainz.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: 20 January could be a key date for a new round of payments
- US Election 2020 Biden announces first nominations for White House cabinet
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: will there be a new payment in December?
- us news US Presidential Election & covid-19 updates: Trump, Biden, results, cases, latest news
- Champions League Juventus vs Ferencvaros: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- FOOTBALL Zlatan Ibrahimovic attacks EA Sports for using his image