“Pep said that City were a shit team,” says Yaya Touré's agent
Yaya Touré’s agent Dimitri Seluk has alleged that Manchester City coach Guardiola insulted his current club while at Barcelona.
The Pep Guardiola-Dimitri Seluk saga just rolls on and on. Yaya Touré’s agent revealed today during an interview on Spanish radio that Pep warned his client about moving to the Etihad back in 2010 and badmouthed his current side.
Guardiola insulted Manchester City in 2010
“When Touré was set to leave Barcelona and move to Manchester City, Guardiola told him that he was signing with a shit team,” he said.
“Now Guardiola manages that shit team!” continued Seluk, before alleging that the City coach “prefers money to football.”
Yaya Touré excluded from Guardiola's Champions League squad
The ongoing dispute between manager and representative began when Guardiola left Touré out of City’s Champions League squad for this season’s group stage.
Earlier this week, Seluk commented publicly on Guardiola and the decision to leave Touré out of the squad: “If he wins the Champions League for City this season then I will travel to England and I will say on television that Pep Guardiola is the best manager in the world. But if City don’t win the Champions League I hope that he has the balls to say that he was wrong to humiliate a great player like Yaya.”
Guardiola demands an apology
Guardiola responded by declaring that Touré’s Manchester City career was over, barring an apology. With an apology from Seluk looking unlikely, it’s probable that the Ivorian has played his last game in a City shirt.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Bale becomes a big problem
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid confirm Lucas Vázquez injury
- World Cup 2022 Three years until 2022 Qatar World Cup kicks off
- EURO 2020 Euro 2020 play-offs draw: how and where to watch: times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: Manchester City vs Chelsea, game of the weekend
- REAL MADRID-REAL SOCIEDAD Odegaard: "If I score against Real Madrid, I won't celebrate"