Real Madrid miss out on consecutive Liga wins record
Zinedine Zidane's side were unable to beat the record of 16 back-to-back Liga wins set by Guardiola's Barcelona team as they were held to a draw by Villarreal
Real Madrid failed to surpass Barcelona’s record for the most consecutive La Liga wins as they were held to a draw by Villarreal at the Bernabéu on Wednesday.
Zinedine Zidane’s side had equalled the record set by Pep Guardiola's Barcelona side in 2010/11 of 16 Liga wins in a row when they beat Espanyol 0-2 on Saturday.
However, Los Blancos were unable to set a new high-water mark and extend their winning run to 17 games against a stubborn Villarreal.
The start of Real Madrid’s remarkable winning streak began at the tail end of the last season when they strung together 12 wins from their last 12 games, and then set themselves up for the record by winning the opening four games of this season.
Barcelona's record was set in the 2010/11 season, where they scored 60 goals in the 16 wins, only conceding six. Real Madrid in their 16 wins scored 51 and let in 12.
Te recomendamos en English
- Gaming News CoD Modern Warfare and Warzone The Haunting of Verdansk: content from new update
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Second stimulus check: why does McConnell advise against the deal?
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: how can I track my early vote ballot?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Tottenham: Mourinho dismisses 'Spursy' tag but says defending must improve
- JUVENTUS Cristiano shows off new close-crop haircut during Covid-19 quarantine
- 2020 MLB WORLD SERIES LA Dodgers - Tampa Bay Rays: odds in the series of the MLB World Series 2020