Marcelo went off injured in the 42nd minute
Real Madrid left-back Marcelo asked to be take off before half-time in the match against Villarreal.
Real Madrid left-back Marcelo limped off in the 42nd minute of the LaLiga Santander match against Villarreal at the Bernabéu, with what looked like a muscle strain. The score was still 0-0 at that point.
Real Madrid left playing with 10
Real Madrid were left playing with 10 men while Carvajal readied himself to come on, and by the time he did the referee had given a penalty to Villarreal, for a Ramos handball in the box.
Marcelo: little rest so far this season
Marcelo had only missed one game this season so far. Zidane deciding to give him a rest for the match against Osasuna in the third week of LaLiga. The Brazilian had played the 120 minutes of the UEFA Super Cup, and the full 90 minutes against Real Sociedad, Celta, Espanyol and Sporting Lisbon. He also played two World Cup qualifiers with Brazil against Ecuador and Colombia.
Marcelo will undergo medical tests, with a report from the club expected tomorrow.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Sergio Ramos' presence set to shake up El Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cavani poised for Man Utd debut against Chelsea
- MALLORCA Tug of war between Spanish and Argentine FA over Luka Romero
- Ligue 1 Tuchel not concerned by doubts over Parc des Princes future
- BUNDESLIGA Bayern Munich vs Eintracht Frankfurt: Bundesliga live
- Manchester United - Chelsea Solskjaer calls for Chelsea consistency to back up PSG win