Marcelo went off injured in the 42nd minute
Real Madrid left-back Marcelo asked to be take off before half-time in the match against Villarreal.
Real Madrid left-back Marcelo limped off in the 42nd minute of the LaLiga Santander match against Villarreal at the Bernabéu, with what looked like a muscle strain. The score was still 0-0 at that point.
Real Madrid left playing with 10
Real Madrid were left playing with 10 men while Carvajal readied himself to come on, and by the time he did the referee had given a penalty to Villarreal, for a Ramos handball in the box.
Marcelo: little rest so far this season
Marcelo had only missed one game this season so far. Zidane deciding to give him a rest for the match against Osasuna in the third week of LaLiga. The Brazilian had played the 120 minutes of the UEFA Super Cup, and the full 90 minutes against Real Sociedad, Celta, Espanyol and Sporting Lisbon. He also played two World Cup qualifiers with Brazil against Ecuador and Colombia.
Marcelo will undergo medical tests, with a report from the club expected tomorrow.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNITED STATES USA elections 2020 live online & coronavirus: Trump - Biden, polls, stimulus checks & latest news
- FOOTBALL Jorge Jesus was a better coach than José Mourinho - Julio César
- LIGUE 1 PSG: Mbappé's future is already mapped out and that's sad - Rami
- Manchester United It's down to me to show the real Anthony Martial - Man Utd forward aiming to rediscover form
- FOOTBALL Bayern: Coman wants another treble, but this time with fans
- JUVENTUS-BARCELONA Arthur-Pjanic swap deal isn't going to plan in Turin or Barcelona