Luis Suárez was asked to comment on Filipe Luis’ decision to post a picture of a wound sustained in a challenge between the two following Barcelona’s 1-1 draw with Atlético Madrid on Wednesday night. Suárez reacted angrily and didn’t hold back in his assessment of Luis’ actions.
Football is a man's game, says Suárez
“This is football,” he said. “It’s a man’s game and what happens on the pitch stays on the pitch. You can’t go around making a circus every time something happens. This is football. I repeat, it’s for men.”
Suárez also spoke about the game and draw. “We know that they’re a tough opponent,” he said. “They’re one of the best defensive teams and we knew that going into the game. We’re left with mixed feelings.
The team has to step up after Messi's injury
“[Messi’s injury] hurts. We can only send him our best wishes. It’s a tricky injury and now we have to step up,” he added.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona president Bartomeu considering his future
- England Greenwood should not have been called up by England, says Solskjaer
- BUNDESLIGA Thiago pens emotive Bayern farewell as Liverpool move looms
- Mourinho blasts Spurs' schedule as a 'total joke'
- Coronavirus Scientists dismiss theory that coronavirus was developed in Chinese labs
- CORONAVIRUS How has Joe Biden proposed vaccine distribution?