ISIS bans Real Madrid and Barça shirts as citizens face 80 lashes
The Islamic state has prohibited citizens in Iraq from wearing football memorabilia made by Nike and Adidas, including tops of a host of Premier League teams
The terrorist group known as Islamic State (ISIS) has made a list of Nike and Adidas football kits that it prohibits repressed citizens from wearing, according to The Mirror.
The regulations, established by ISIS' Hisba religious police in Al-Furat province in Iraq, rule that anyone caught wearing sportswear made by the sports manufacturers, including replica tops of La Liga giants Real Madrid and Barcelona, will be sentenced to 80 lashes.
Other tops that ISIS has banned are those of Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea and several other Premier League sides. England, France and Germany’s international shirts are also among the forbidden memorabilia.
The laws were highlighted MEMRI Jihad and Terrorism Threat Monitor (JTTM), which scrutinises global Islamist terrorism and violent extremism.
Te recomendamos en English
- Juventus director Paratici under investigation over Suarez's Italian exam
- SERIE A Official: Napoli stadium renamed Stadio Diego Armando Maradona
- REAL MADRID Camavinga a step closer to Real Madrid
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid squad for Sevilla: Sergio Ramos left behind
- FOOTBALL Tagliafico signs new Ajax contract which includes get-out clause
- Atlético Madrid Luis Suárez set to train after negative covid-19 test