ISIS bans Real Madrid and Barça shirts as citizens face 80 lashes
The Islamic state has prohibited citizens in Iraq from wearing football memorabilia made by Nike and Adidas, including tops of a host of Premier League teams
The terrorist group known as Islamic State (ISIS) has made a list of Nike and Adidas football kits that it prohibits repressed citizens from wearing, according to The Mirror.
The regulations, established by ISIS' Hisba religious police in Al-Furat province in Iraq, rule that anyone caught wearing sportswear made by the sports manufacturers, including replica tops of La Liga giants Real Madrid and Barcelona, will be sentenced to 80 lashes.
Other tops that ISIS has banned are those of Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea and several other Premier League sides. England, France and Germany’s international shirts are also among the forbidden memorabilia.
The laws were highlighted MEMRI Jihad and Terrorism Threat Monitor (JTTM), which scrutinises global Islamist terrorism and violent extremism.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci statements, My Turn...
- ROYAL FAMILY Prince Philip Funeral: what happened at the Duke of Edinburgh's Windsor ceremony?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 Golden State Stimulus check: when are they being sent?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check for veterans: how to track and claim a missing payment
- MLS Carlos Vela gets mad at Bob Bradley for taking him off too early