Battle between Suárez and Filipe Luis rages on
The controversy between Luis Suárez y Filipe Luis continues. Images from last night's game between Barcelona and Atlético Madrid at the Camp Nou have shown that the Barcelona striker, after fouling Filipe Luis and being booked for it, insulted the Atlético player. "You dived, you clown" spat Luis Suárez. (Te has tirado, payaso in Spanish)
Filipe Luis posts photo of bleeding foot
Evidence that Filipe Luis hadn't in fact dived came out straight after the game last night when Filipe Luis uploaded a photo of his injured, bleeding foot, caused by Suárez's tackle.
Suárez tells Filipe Luis football is a man's game
Suárez reacted angrily to the photo, saying "football is a man's game" and that if everyone put up photos of their injuries after games the sport would become a "circus."
Suárez also asked Filipe Luis rhetorically: "Did Messi put the photo up last year?" referring to Filipe Luis' tackle on the Argentinean star in the fixture last season that saw Filipe Luis red carded and Messi with a wound on his knee.
Filipe Luis trained normally
Despite the tackle on Filipe Luis he trained normally with Atlético Madrid this morning.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona president Bartomeu considering his future
- England Greenwood should not have been called up by England, says Solskjaer
- BUNDESLIGA Thiago pens emotive Bayern farewell as Liverpool move looms
- Mourinho blasts Spurs' schedule as a 'total joke'
- Coronavirus Scientists dismiss theory that coronavirus was developed in Chinese labs
- CORONAVIRUS How has Joe Biden proposed vaccine distribution?