Andrés Iniesta keen to clear up future at Barcelona
The club captain says he's waiting for it to be his turn to ask for a new deal: “You’ll have to ask them when it’s my turn.”
Andres Iniesta said after Barcelona’s 1-1 draw with Atlético Madrid on Wednesday night that he will request a meeting with the club’s board to discuss the renewal of his contract.
Iniesta, under contract until 2018
The Barcelona captain’s current deal expires in 2018 but says he plans to stay at the Camp Nou for the long-term. “I want to finish my career at Barcelona,” he said. “I have a contract until 2018 and for the time being I’m just enjoying the moment.”
There's a queue for new contracts at Barcelona
Though his intentions are clear, Iniesta is well aware that there’s a queue for new contracts. Leo Messi is at the head of the line; in fact, the club has been working on his new deal for a long time. “You’ll have to ask the directors when it’ll be my turn; I just want to finish my career here,” he said.
Iniesta dismisses Manchester City link
When asked about the rumours linking him to Pep Guardiola and Manchester City, Iniesta was dismissive: “Guardiola knows what I think and what I want. And what I want is to finish my career at Bareclona. I train every day to play well and to stay here.”
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Lampard's Chelsea equal entire 2019-20 error tally in 45 minutes
- Atlético Madrid Simeone wants Suárez to be a Falcao-like catalyst for success
- Premier League Premier League Preview: Liverpool vs Arsenal
- Premier League Solskjaer admits Man Utd 'got away with one' after last-gasp victory
- BETIS 2 - REAL MADRID 3 Real Madrid player ratings from 3-2 win away to Real Betis
- MLS Conmebol sends letter to FIFA regarding MLS position