Aleix Vidal lashes out in social media outburst
The full-back has struggled to establish himself at Barcelona since joining the club from Sevilla last summer. He was left out altogether from Luis Enrique’s squad for the clash with Atlético Madrid but has denied that his outburst was directed at the manager.
Aleix Vidal has been a bit-part player at best since joining Barcelona from Sevilla last summer.
Vidal unhappy with bit-part status
The full-back was unable to play for the first half of last season thanks to the transfer ban handed down to Barcelona but unlike Arda Turan, who joined the club at the same time and under the same circumstances, he hasn't managed to work his way into Luis Enrique's future plans.
Vidal lashes out on social media
The full-back was left out of the Barcelona squad to face Atlético Madrid on Wednesday night. Clearly unhappy, Vidal has caused some commotion with his latest post on social media: a photo accompanied by a zipped-mouth emoji along with a hand giving the middle finger. It was quickly deleted, but the message was clear enough.
He quickly posted a statement denying that it was a message for Luis Enrique but made clear that he was unhappy with things: "I accept criticism but not destructive criticism or a lack of respect. Don't doubt that I'll keep fighting in spite of everything."
Sergi Roberto preferred at right-back
Dani Alves’ departure in the summer opened up a spot for Vidal but Luis Enrique has preferred to slot in Sergi Roberto at right-back, a position where the young midfielder has shone. Vidal’s future at the club looks very bleak indeed.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL How do NFL players get paid? per game or per week?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 stimulus check in California: who qualifies and how to track
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, IRS tax deadline, stimulus calculator | Live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: Will you get a $1,400 payment, and when?
- Entertainment CoD Black Ops & Warzone Season 2 new content: map, weapon, outbreak
- LOTTERY How much do you get if you have 1, 2 or 3 Powerball numbers?