Van Gaal close to Bundesliga return
It looks as if Louis Van Gaal is close to a return to management sooner than anyone expected. Fired by Manchester United – where he signed off by winning the FA Cup – during the summer to make way for Jose Mourinho, the Dutchman now looks set to sign with Bundesliga strugglers Werder Bremen.
Werder Bremen, the Bundesliga's bottom side
German daily Hamburger Abendblatt reports that Van Gaal is set to sign a contract with the club until the end of the season. Bremen find themselves bottom of the Bundesliga after losing their four opening games and fired Ukranian coach Viktor Skrypnyk on Sunday evening.
Van Gaal's second spell in Germany
Taking over at Bremen would see Van Gaal, now 65, start his second spell in Germany. He previously managed Bayern Munich between 2009 and 2011, where he won the German League, Cup and Super Cup.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA $100 million coronavirus fraud losses after multiple scams
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City sign Nathan Ake
- CORONAVIRUS USA Stimulus check: CARES, HEALS and HEROES Acts compared
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: when will the money arrive?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths, HEALS Act and stimulus checks, today
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Casillas: Real Madrid, Spain's prolific 'goal unscorer' retires