Keylor Navas: Real Madrid goalkeeper returns to squad
Navas now recovered following heel surgery and takes his place in Zinedine Zidane's 19-man group for Saturday's Las Palmas clash.
Real Madrid goalkeeper Keylor Navas has handed boss Zinedine Zidane some positive fitness news in the wake of injuries to Pepe, Casemiro and Marcelo.
Keeper hasn't played since Milan
The Costa Rican returns to a Real squad 118 days after his most recent appearance for Los Blancos, which came in May's Champions League final win over Atlético Madrid.
After helping Madrid to lift 'La Undécima', Navas underwent surgery in early June to resolve a persistent heel problem that had troubled him last season.
Having now completed his recovery, the 29-year-old has been declared fit and is in the Real travelling party for Saturday's LaLiga clash at Las Palmas (20:45 CEST).
Casilla expected to retain place at Estadio Gran Canaria
However, Zidane is set to start with Kiko Casilla - ever-present this term in the ex-Levante man's absence - with Navas making his comeback next week.
'Zizou' has named a 19-man squad to face Las Palmas, which is without Real's injured trio and Fabio Coentrao, who is still to get back to full fitness. Striker Mariano Díaz has also been left out.
Real Madrid squad to play Las Palmas
Goalkeepers: Keylor Navas, Casilla and Yáñez.
Defenders: Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Nacho and Danilo.
Midfielders: Kroos, James, Kovacic, Modric, Asensio and Isco
Forwards: Ronaldo, Benzema, Bale, Vázquez and Morata.
Te recomendamos en English
- World News Chinese Rocket: when and where will it fall to earth?
- US News Fourth stimulus check: What are Biden's economic proposals according to the unemployment report?
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Sevilla: times, TV & how to watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola fumes at officials as City pay penalty against Chelsea
- BARCELONA 0-0 ATLÉTICO Piqué: "We're still alive, from now on, anything could happen"
- US NEWS Third stimulus checks: how many payments were made in the last batch?