Keylor Navas: Real Madrid goalkeeper returns to squad
Navas now recovered following heel surgery and takes his place in Zinedine Zidane's 19-man group for Saturday's Las Palmas clash.
Real Madrid goalkeeper Keylor Navas has handed boss Zinedine Zidane some positive fitness news in the wake of injuries to Pepe, Casemiro and Marcelo.
Keeper hasn't played since Milan
The Costa Rican returns to a Real squad 118 days after his most recent appearance for Los Blancos, which came in May's Champions League final win over Atlético Madrid.
After helping Madrid to lift 'La Undécima', Navas underwent surgery in early June to resolve a persistent heel problem that had troubled him last season.
Having now completed his recovery, the 29-year-old has been declared fit and is in the Real travelling party for Saturday's LaLiga clash at Las Palmas (20:45 CEST).
Casilla expected to retain place at Estadio Gran Canaria
However, Zidane is set to start with Kiko Casilla - ever-present this term in the ex-Levante man's absence - with Navas making his comeback next week.
'Zizou' has named a 19-man squad to face Las Palmas, which is without Real's injured trio and Fabio Coentrao, who is still to get back to full fitness. Striker Mariano Díaz has also been left out.
Real Madrid squad to play Las Palmas
Goalkeepers: Keylor Navas, Casilla and Yáñez.
Defenders: Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Nacho and Danilo.
Midfielders: Kroos, James, Kovacic, Modric, Asensio and Isco
Forwards: Ronaldo, Benzema, Bale, Vázquez and Morata.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- BARCELONA Barcelona and Ajax reach initial agreement for Sergiño Dest: 20 million plus 5 in add-ons
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits in California: for how long will they stop and when can I claim again?
- US NEWS | CORONAVIRUS Second Stimulus Check: will there be a new payment in September 2020?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea closing in on Mendy as Lampard confirms medical
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: what did Mnuchin say in Congress testimony?