Marcelo: injured Real Madrid defender in message to fans
The left-back, who suffered a calf strain against Villarreal in midweek, was in positive mood as he took to social media on Friday.
Full-back Marcelo has taken to social media to send an upbeat message to the Real Madrid fans after being crocked by a calf injury.
Sidelined by strain
Madrid confirmed on Friday that the Brazilian suffered a grade 2 soleus strain in Wednesday's 1-1 LaLiga draw with Villarreal.
The 28-year-old defender is set to miss Real's next three games, as well as Brazil's upcoming World Cup qualifiers.
And in a post on his Twitter profile - accompanied by a picture of himself with his thumbs up - he wrote: "Already working to come back firing on all cylinders!!!"
Back after international week
He is expected to reappear after the international break, with Real's medical staff pencilling in his return for the league clash at Real Betis on 15 October.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID 4 games in 12 days that could shape Real Madrid's season
- 2019 Gulf Cup Bahrain beat Saudi Arabia to win the 2019 Gulf Cup
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's 'RBV', Zidane's alternative to the 'BBC'
- Aston Villa vs Leicester City Jamie Vardy becomes first player to score in eight straight PL games since ... Jamie Vardy!
- Serie A Zlatan to Serie A not a foregone conclusion, says Raiola
- REAL MADRID Bale back in full training with Real Madrid