Areola: Real Madrid, Barcelona keeping tabs on keeper - report
The 23-year-old Paris Saint-Germain custodian had a season-long loan stint with LaLiga outfit Villarreal in the 2015/16 campaign.
Paris Saint-Germain goalkeeper Alphonse Areola is attracting admiring glances from LaLiga giants Real Madrid and Barcelona, according to reports in France.
Keeper played in Spain last year
L'Équipe claims that the 'El Clásico' rivals are both tracking the 23-year-old custodian, who spent last season on loan in the Spanish league with Villarreal.
Featuring 32 times in LaLiga for the Submarino Amarillo as they finished fourth in the top flight, he is said to have impressed Real and Barça while at El Madrigal.
Back at the Parc des Princes
Since returning to PSG at the end of the campaign, Areola has so far made four appearances in all competitions under new coach Unai Emery this term.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Bayern Munich's Ryan Johansson joins Sevilla
- MANCHESTER UNITED Tahith Chong's agent suggests Manchester United exit
- IBIZA 1-2 BARCELONA Barcelona player ratings as Griezmann avoids Ibiza shock
- PREMIER LEAGUE Raiola discusses the "elephant in the room" with Pogba and United
- COPA DEL REY Unionistas 1-2 Real Madrid live online: Copa del Rey 2019/20
- Transfers Hazard, Griezmann and João Félix head up record 2019 transfer spend