Areola: Real Madrid, Barcelona keeping tabs on keeper - report
The 23-year-old Paris Saint-Germain custodian had a season-long loan stint with LaLiga outfit Villarreal in the 2015/16 campaign.
Paris Saint-Germain goalkeeper Alphonse Areola is attracting admiring glances from LaLiga giants Real Madrid and Barcelona, according to reports in France.
Keeper played in Spain last year
L'Équipe claims that the 'El Clásico' rivals are both tracking the 23-year-old custodian, who spent last season on loan in the Spanish league with Villarreal.
Featuring 32 times in LaLiga for the Submarino Amarillo as they finished fourth in the top flight, he is said to have impressed Real and Barça while at El Madrigal.
Back at the Parc des Princes
Since returning to PSG at the end of the campaign, Areola has so far made four appearances in all competitions under new coach Unai Emery this term.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID 4 games in 12 days that could shape Real Madrid's season
- 2019 Gulf Cup Bahrain beat Saudi Arabia to win the 2019 Gulf Cup
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's 'RBV', Zidane's alternative to the 'BBC'
- Aston Villa vs Leicester City Jamie Vardy becomes first player to score in eight straight PL games since ... Jamie Vardy!
- Serie A Zlatan to Serie A not a foregone conclusion, says Raiola
- REAL MADRID Bale back in full training with Real Madrid