Real Madrid round-up: Las Palmas tickets, Casemiro and Ramos
Ahead of the league game in the Canaries, we talk Sergio suspension risk, referee, missing players and ticket prices.
Just three days after the winning streak came to an end leaving Zidane's Real Madrid sharing the consecutive victories record with Guardiola's Barcelona, the team are out in the Canary Islands looking to get back in the groove against Las Palmas. Here is their news in brief:
In the first five games of the season, Sergio Ramos has already accumulated four yellow cards. One more against Las Palmas and he'll miss the next league game against Eibar on 2 October. No one here is predicting a late random act of silliness to make that happen.
The home crowd is expected to make a lot of noise inside the Estadio Gran Canaria with around 25,000 fans expected for the visit of Madrid. There have been some raised eyebrows however at the pricing for the game which sees prices range from 90 to 400 euros for non-members. Here's hoping anyone who pays that gets their money's worth.
Man in the middle
The ref today is Estrada Fernández who has already taken charge of seven games involving Madrid. Their record in these is six wins and one draw. Las Palmas have played out two draws wiht Fernández officiating.
Both Casemiro and Marcelo have made themselves important parts of Zidane's current revitalised Madrid side but both will be missing from his plans in the short to medium term. This means some reshuffling and reassignment of roles with Kroos likely to change his remit in the centre of the park and Nacho coming in as a more defensive minded full back. Marcelo's natural replacement, Coentrao, is suffering from yet another injury.
Te recomendamos en English
- Barcelona Dugarry calls Messi 'half autistic kid' during Griezmann rant
- THE BEST Sadio Mané should have beaten Messi to FIFA's Best award, says Alain Giresse
- LIVERPOOL Klopp: "I would never compare myself with Dalglish or Shankly"
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Achraf Hakimi move to Inter Milan confirmed
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: US unemployment falls to 11.1% as June sees 4.8m new jobs
- ATLÉTICO Simeone: "Griezmann's situation in one word? I'll do it in two: no comment"