Sirigu lashes out at Aduriz and gets sent off
Sevilla goalkeeper Sirigu had a moment of madness after catching a high ball, when he elbowed Aduriz in the back. He was sent off.
Sevilla goalkeeper Sirigu won't want to remember this afternoon's trip to San Mamés to play Athletic in LaLiga Santander.
Sirigu lashes out
Right at the end of the game, with his side trailing 2-1, the keeper came out to claim a high ball, which he did so under the attentions of Aduriz, who was right by Sirigu hoping to pounce on any mistake, but didn't impede the Sevilla stopper.
Having caught the ball and landed, Sirigu bizarrely lashed out, fiercely elbowing Aduriz in the back. The Athletic striker went down under the blow.
Referee sent Sirigu off, gave Athletic a penalty
The referee, right by the incident, sent Sirigu straight off and pointed to the spot.
With Sevilla having made all their substitutions, Iborra was forced to take Sirigu's jersey and face the spot-kick. He guessed correctly, going left, but couldn't reach Aduriz's well placed penalty.
Sirigu can expect a few games out suspended for his unprovoked attack
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today
- FOOTBALL Pizzi: 2016 Copa América win with Chile "a wonderful moment"
- REAL MADRID Vinicius tests negative for Covid-19
- PREMIER LEAGUE David Silva completely changed the dynamic at Manchester City
- REAL MADRID-ALAVÉS Zidane: "Hazard hasn't suffered a relapse, he'll be ready tomorrow"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League quarter final draw Live: how and where to watch