A big doubt for clash against Simeone's men
Joshua Kimmich's late winner preserved Bayern Munich's 100 percent Bundesliga record in Saturday's 1-0 win at Hamburg, but the win was tempered as the leaders saw Mats Hummels limp off with a knee injury. The centre-back, who was replaced in the 51st minute, is now a doubt for Wednesday's European clash against Atlético Madrid.
Tests will tell
"I am assuming I can (play against Atlético), but there are no guarantees," said Hummels, who was replace by Boateng. The German defender is a key player for Bayern coach Carlo Ancelotti and is due to undergo tests on Sunday to determine the severity of the injury.
An indifferent record in Spain
Hummels has played 477 minutes in seven games, scoring once and providing an assist. Should he miss Wednesday's clash he will be sorely missed, particularly given Bayern's recent record in Spain: the German side have only won twice in 13 visits to Spain, losing on nine occasions. In 24 games played on Spanish soil they have won six, drawn five and lost 13.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS $400 unemployment benefits boost: why has Trump taken executive action?
- Coronavirus Night curfew extended in East Khasi Hills until 17 August
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: who is Paul Vallone, the Democrat who says hydroxychloroquine saved his life?
- Coronavirus Trump executive orders: what will happen with student loan payments?
- BEIRUT EXPLOSION Lebanese court investigating Beirut port explosion