LaLiga's spot-kick super stopper: Diego Alves
With his save in Leganés on Sunday afternoon the Valencia keeper entered the record books with the most penalty saves in LaLiga historyBrazil - Belgium live online: World Cup 2018 quarter-final
Diego Alves made penalty save number 17 this morning against Leganés in Butarque. Today's stop means the Valencia goalkeeper has saved 17 spot-kicks in his playing time in LaLiga and surpasses the previous record of 16 held by Andoni Zubizarreta.
It was Alves himself who conceded the penalty and the 31 year old Brazilian was able to redeem his error and keep Valencia's lead in a game which they went on to win 1-2.
#SAVERFACT— MisterChip (English) (@MisterChiping) 25 September 2016
Diego Alves penalty record in La Liga:
17 Saved (44%)
20 Goal (51%)
Cup+UCL+UEL: saved 3/4 (75%)
Diego Alves has faced 39 penalty kicks in his time playing in Spain in Laliga. 20 have resulted in goals, 2 have been missed and the Rio de Janiero born stopper has saved 17.
Te recomendamos en English
- Football Real Madrid, Barça and Juventus issue joint statement denouncing 'threats'
- REAL MADRID Ramos out of crucial Real Madrid match against Sevilla
- LALIGA When was Barcelona's last defeat to Atlético Madrid at Camp Nou?
- Premier League Leeds United vs Tottenham: Premier League live
- BARCELONA Barcelona attempt to sign De Ligt for a second time
- 2022 World Cup Five key sustainability features connected with Qatar 2022