LaLiga's spot-kick super stopper: Diego Alves
With his save in Leganés on Sunday afternoon the Valencia keeper entered the record books with the most penalty saves in LaLiga historyBrazil - Belgium live online: World Cup 2018 quarter-final
Diego Alves made penalty save number 17 this morning against Leganés in Butarque. Today's stop means the Valencia goalkeeper has saved 17 spot-kicks in his playing time in LaLiga and surpasses the previous record of 16 held by Andoni Zubizarreta.
It was Alves himself who conceded the penalty and the 31 year old Brazilian was able to redeem his error and keep Valencia's lead in a game which they went on to win 1-2.
#SAVERFACT— MisterChip (English) (@MisterChiping) 25 September 2016
Diego Alves penalty record in La Liga:
17 Saved (44%)
20 Goal (51%)
Cup+UCL+UEL: saved 3/4 (75%)
Diego Alves has faced 39 penalty kicks in his time playing in Spain in Laliga. 20 have resulted in goals, 2 have been missed and the Rio de Janiero born stopper has saved 17.
Te recomendamos en English
- El CLÁSICO | BARCELONA - REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane plotting to stop Messi in El Clásico
- Klopp reveals Keita talks over Liverpool role
- Rumour Has It: Juventus offer Haaland €3m per season
- ALFREDO RELAÑO What a weekend for Messi, Luis Suárez and Joaquín...
- REAL MADRID 4 games in 12 days that could shape Real Madrid's season
- 2019 Gulf Cup Bahrain beat Saudi Arabia to win the 2019 Gulf Cup