Totti reaches 250-goal mark in Serie A
The Roma forward, who turns 40 next week, reached another career landmark against England keeper Joe Hart on Sunday.
A landmark in defeat
Francesco Totti, who will turn 40 next week, reached another career landmark against England 'keeper Joe Hart on Sunday when he hit his 250th career goal in Serie A, despite Roma losing 3-1 to Torino.
Another record for the one-club man
Totti, who will celebrate his birthday on Tuesday, came off the bench to help reduce arrears for the visitors when he beat Torino 'keeper Hart from the spot with a 55th minute penalty. Two years ago Totti, three days after his 38th birthday, became the oldest player to score in the Champions League when he beat Hart to score a 23rd minute leveller in a 1-1 draw at Manchester City.
Totti, who has played his entire career at Roma, is in his 25th and likely final season at the Serie A club.
Joe Hart gets back on track
Hart, who was forced out at City by new manager Pep Guardiola, was in superb form as the hosts romped to a 3-1 win at the Stadio Olimpico thanks to Andrea Belotti's early opener and a brace, including one from the spot, from Iago Falque.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Getafe: how and where to watch LaLiga - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: Manchester City vs Liverpool preview
- Bundesliga Rummenigge: Timing has never been right for Bayern to target Klopp
- CSL Delayed Chinese Super League season to kick off on July 25
- LALIGA Atlético boss Simeone speechless after Griezmann's brief Barça cameo
- Ligue 1 Rennes won't accept €80m from Madrid for Camavinga – Maurice