Sergi Roberto already has as many assists as Alves last season
The newly converted right-back currently has four assists in four games, the same as the Brazilian in 29 games over the 2015-16 campaign.
Sergi Roberto is one of the biggest sensations of this LaLiga season to date. According to data offered by Catalunya Radio on Saturday, the newly converted right-back currently has four assists in four games, the same number as Dani Alves in 29 matches last season. Last year, the Brazilian hit 70 crosses with a 42.8 accuracy rate, while the Spaniard has found a team-mate in 56.2% of his 16 crosses so far this season.
Growing into the position
“I’m getting a feel for it,” the La Masia graduate admitted in reference to his new position after Barcelona’s 5-0 thumping of Sporting Gijón on Saturday. Los Culés considered delving into the transfer market to find a replacement for the right-back position, but Luis Enrique finally decided that in Sergi Roberto and Aleix Vidal he had enough cover for the position.
The international spotlight
“I watch a lot of games and I haven’t seen a full-back like Sergi Roberto,” the Barça coach recently admitted. The Spaniard also covered the most ground in Barça’s first Champions League game, and his physique, positional sense and decision-making have also seen him form part of Lopetegui’s plans with the national side, where he will provide stiff competition for Real’s Dani Carvajal.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: is a payment coming? IRS tax return deadline, Child Tax Credit
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: CDC says fully vaccinated no mask, guidelines, Ohio lottery...
- Serie A Ronaldo will lead Juve exodus without Champions League - Vieri
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid boss Zidane: Sometimes a change is best for everyone
- BOXING Floyd Mayweather vs Logan Paul: PPV cost and how to buy
- NBA Doc Rivers: top seed part of journey to ultimate goal for 76ers