Sergi Roberto already has as many assists as Alves last season
The newly converted right-back currently has four assists in four games, the same as the Brazilian in 29 games over the 2015-16 campaign.
Sergi Roberto is one of the biggest sensations of this LaLiga season to date. According to data offered by Catalunya Radio on Saturday, the newly converted right-back currently has four assists in four games, the same number as Dani Alves in 29 matches last season. Last year, the Brazilian hit 70 crosses with a 42.8 accuracy rate, while the Spaniard has found a team-mate in 56.2% of his 16 crosses so far this season.
Growing into the position
“I’m getting a feel for it,” the La Masia graduate admitted in reference to his new position after Barcelona’s 5-0 thumping of Sporting Gijón on Saturday. Los Culés considered delving into the transfer market to find a replacement for the right-back position, but Luis Enrique finally decided that in Sergi Roberto and Aleix Vidal he had enough cover for the position.
The international spotlight
“I watch a lot of games and I haven’t seen a full-back like Sergi Roberto,” the Barça coach recently admitted. The Spaniard also covered the most ground in Barça’s first Champions League game, and his physique, positional sense and decision-making have also seen him form part of Lopetegui’s plans with the national side, where he will provide stiff competition for Real’s Dani Carvajal.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: Biden's 'hundreds of billions' in relief
- US News Who is Gregory Meeks, new chair of the House Foreign Affairs Committee?
- US NEWS US Presidential Election & covid-19 updates: Trump, Biden, transition, results, cases, latest news
- US Election 2020 US Election: when is the electoral college vote?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: how could a new stimulus affect unemployment benefits?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Solskjaer: Manchester United one of England's most consistent teams