Joe Hart draws praise from Mihajlovic in Roma win
The Torino coach heaped praise on Joe Hart after a sterling performance by the England goalkeeper in a 3-1 win over Roma in Turin on Sunday.
Hart finds his feet
Torino coach Sinisa Mihajlovic heaped praise on Joe Hart after a sterling performance by the England goalkeeper in a 3-1 win over Roma in Turin on Sunday.
Ousted from Manchester City by Pep Guardiola last month, Hart joined the unfashionable Serie A side in a bid to maintain his status as England's number one shot-stopper.
Having kept 'Granata' fans guessing during a few nervous displays in recent weeks, Hart was solid throughout at Torino's Stadio Olimpico where the only blot on his report card was Francesco Totti's 55th minute penalty for the visitors.
Explanations and justifications
Hart revealed last week that Mihajlovic had grilled him on his real reasons for wanting to join Torino before he put pen to paper on his season-long loan deal last month. By full-time at a sun-kissed Stadio Olimpico in Turin, the Serbian had no reason to question Hart's loyalty.
'Before I took Hart I spoke to him to try and understand what kind of state of mind he would have here,' Mihajlovic told Sky Sport minutes after Torino secured only their second win of the campaign.
'But I can say he's a true gem of a guy, as well as being an international goalkeeper who has given a lot of confidence to the team. I'm very happy with him.'
Roma travelled to the Stadio Olimpico looking to close a five-point gap to leaders Juventus, but despite Edin Dzeko coming close on several occasions and the evergreen Francesco Totti scoring his 250th Serie A goal from the penalty spot, the visitors ultimately came up short.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Messi: Barcelona boss Koeman defends captain after red card
- BUNDESLIGA Jovic: I couldn't have imagined better Eintracht Frankfurt comeback
- Juventus 'couldn't have had a worse match' but Pirlo maintains lofty ambitions
- SERIE A Juventus ambitions intact despite Inter defeat, says Pirlo
- US News Who’s who in Biden’s science team and what does “elevated to cabinet” mean?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS When will Joe Biden's American Rescue Plan be approved?