PSG wanted Griezmann
Antoine Griezmann, Atlético's in demand striker, admitted in an interview to Le Parisien, that PSG, "were very interested in me during Euro 2016, but I told my agent that I didn't want to know about anything that wasn't to do with the French national side".
Mourinho said to be keen on Griezmann
Griezmann has been talked about as a transfer target for Europe's big clubs, with rumours that Mourinho is lining up a move to bring him to Manchester United. The player himself has said he'd only think about moving if Simeone left.
"PSG were really keen"
He continued: "I knew PSG were really keen, and it's a big club that's constantly looking to be bigger, but I was only focused on the national side, and I wanted to isolate myself from everything, from Atlético, from PSG and any possible interest in me. My head was just focused on the European Championships.
Griezmann gutted at losing finals
Griezmann also admitted he was "absolutely gutted at losing two finals [the Champions League final against Real Madrid and the Euro 2016 final against Portugal] - you never know if you'll get back there".
Griezmann happy in Spain
The Atleti striker also talked about his adopted homeland, Spain: "Spain is my daily life. I eat at three, I sleep the siesta, I talk to my dog in Spanish... my daughter's first words were in Spanish. Now I make the effort to speak to her in French. I've been here since I was 14".
Te recomendamos en English
- COPA DEL REY Atlético stunned by Cultural Leonesa in Copa del Rey shock
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Setién and Valverde not that different, says De Jong
- SCHALKE 04 Todibo: "During training, you had to defend Messi with caution"
- MANCHESTER CITY Silva: "Real Madrid called me year after year but I didn't go"
- Manchester United How bad are Manchester United under Solskjaer?
- REAL MADRID Benzema: Real Madrid striker agrees contract extension