Unai Emery says “Jesé needs time to adapt” at PSG after rough start
The PSG coach says that he’s confident that the former Real Madrid man will settle in the French capital following a rocky start to his Ligue 1 career and that he’s happy with his squad.
PSG coach Unai Emery says that Jesé needs time to adapt following his rocky start to life in the French capital. The former Real Madrid forward has started just one game this season and threw a high-profile strop after being substituted last week.
Jese just needs time
“He’s working well but he still hasn’t found a house he likes,” says Emery. “He needs to settle in, it’s just a question of time. His reaction [to being substituted] was just a bit of frustration.”
PSG have made a shaky start to the new Ligue 1 season and currently sit in fourth, four points behind early pace-setters Nice. Emery’s side have lost twice: once to fellow Champions League side Monaco and again to Toulouse this past weekend.
I’m happy with my squad, says Emery
Emery was also quizzed about the club’s plans in the transfer market and the rumoured interest in Barcelona star Neymar.
He was dismissive: “I’m very happy with my squad and our project will be validated more by the result of our next game than by a star signing. The club is on its way to becoming one of the biggest teams in Europe. [Chairman] Nasser Al-Khelaïfi is a good natured guy, we can talk about football.”
Te recomendamos en English
- Entertainment Golden Globes 2021: hosts, presenters and special guests
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus Check: is it necessary to live in the US to be eligible for payment?
- GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS Golden Globes 2021: times, TV and how and where to watch online
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? New $3000 child tax credit: live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: when will the proposal be voted on in the Senate?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: who voted in favour in the House of Representatives?