Unai Emery says “Jesé needs time to adapt” at PSG after rough start
The PSG coach says that he’s confident that the former Real Madrid man will settle in the French capital following a rocky start to his Ligue 1 career and that he’s happy with his squad.
PSG coach Unai Emery says that Jesé needs time to adapt following his rocky start to life in the French capital. The former Real Madrid forward has started just one game this season and threw a high-profile strop after being substituted last week.
Jese just needs time
“He’s working well but he still hasn’t found a house he likes,” says Emery. “He needs to settle in, it’s just a question of time. His reaction [to being substituted] was just a bit of frustration.”
PSG have made a shaky start to the new Ligue 1 season and currently sit in fourth, four points behind early pace-setters Nice. Emery’s side have lost twice: once to fellow Champions League side Monaco and again to Toulouse this past weekend.
I’m happy with my squad, says Emery
Emery was also quizzed about the club’s plans in the transfer market and the rumoured interest in Barcelona star Neymar.
He was dismissive: “I’m very happy with my squad and our project will be validated more by the result of our next game than by a star signing. The club is on its way to becoming one of the biggest teams in Europe. [Chairman] Nasser Al-Khelaïfi is a good natured guy, we can talk about football.”
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Jake Paul: Mayweather "doesn't want to risk record" against me
- REPUBLICAN PARTY What did Liz Cheney say in her speech to the House and why has she been removed from Party leadership?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Can you lose stimulus checks if you don't file taxes before 2021 deadline?
- NBA LeBron nearing return, but will remain sidelined tonight
- NBA NBA Play-In 2021: can teams from different conferences face each other?
- BOXING How is Mayweather family life? Wife, sons, daughters