Getafe appoint José Bordalás as new boss
Bordalás has signed a contract until the end of the season to replace Juan Esnáider, who was sacked yesterday.
Bordalás appointed new Getafe manager
Segunda side Getafe have announced that José Bordalás is to take over as manager following the dismissal of Juan Esnáider.
Bordalás has signed a contract until the end of the season and will be presented on Wednesday at the Coliseum Alfonso Pérez at 13:00 CEST.
An experienced Segunda manager
Originally from Valencia, Bordalás led Alavés to the Segunda title last season but was sacked after just one year in charge. He has extensive experience of managing in Spain’s second tier having also coached Alcorcón, Elche and Herculés. He is said to have been chairman Ángel Torres’ first-choice replacement for Esnáider.
The new coach will preside over his first training session tomorrow afternoon at 17:30 CEST ahead of Getafe’s trip to Tenerife on Sunday afternoon.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS David Beckham's Inter Miami and in sponsorship talks with Qatar
- SERIE A Inter Milan director confirms Christian Eriksen bid and agreement for Chelsea's Victor Moses
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola focused on improving Manchester City rather than chasing Liverpool
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Ousmane Dembélé enters the final phase of his recovery
- ARITZ GABILONDO Reinier, a classic No. 10 in the same mould as Kaká or Rai
- FOOTBALL Messi, Aubameyang, Pogba... 15 stars who are out of contract in 2021