Getafe appoint José Bordalás as new boss
Bordalás has signed a contract until the end of the season to replace Juan Esnáider, who was sacked yesterday.
Bordalás appointed new Getafe manager
Segunda side Getafe have announced that José Bordalás is to take over as manager following the dismissal of Juan Esnáider.
Bordalás has signed a contract until the end of the season and will be presented on Wednesday at the Coliseum Alfonso Pérez at 13:00 CEST.
An experienced Segunda manager
Originally from Valencia, Bordalás led Alavés to the Segunda title last season but was sacked after just one year in charge. He has extensive experience of managing in Spain’s second tier having also coached Alcorcón, Elche and Herculés. He is said to have been chairman Ángel Torres’ first-choice replacement for Esnáider.
The new coach will preside over his first training session tomorrow afternoon at 17:30 CEST ahead of Getafe’s trip to Tenerife on Sunday afternoon.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS When will Joe Biden's American Rescue Plan be approved?
- REAL MADRID Monaco interested in Real Madrid defender Marcelo
- UNITED STATES Martin Luther King Day: what did MLK do and how did he die?
- UNITED STATES $2,000 stimulus check updates today: Biden $1,400 third payment, who is eligible, dates | Live
- US NEWS Martin Luther King Jr Day: most famous quotes & speeches
- US POLITICS Biden-Harris reveal inauguration playlist: songs and where to listen