Zidane upset at third draw in a row
"I'm gutted, because we played a great offensive and defensive game. We played the game we wanted. It's the third match [we've drawn] and I'm gutted for the players because it's not deserved. It's not a bad result. But we had chances and at 2-1 with just three minutes to go... I'm gutted" lamented Zidane, who said he felt his players had all played well, from the "first minute to the last".
Zidane praised Keylor Navas
Zidane was also asked about his goalkeeper Keylor Navas, starting his first game in 135 days for Real Madrid, having been out recovering from surgery. He was mostly to blame for Dortmund's equaliser to make it 1-1, punching a free-kick he could have held, only to see it hit Varane and Aubameyang prod home.
But Zidane only had praise for his keeper: "He was very good. Overall he had a good match. He's been out for four months without playing and he did well at what's a difficult ground. He's got the character to play anywhere. The goal was bad luck. It can happen. I'm pleased with him".
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS $400 unemployment benefits boost: why has Trump taken executive action?
- Coronavirus Night curfew extended in East Khasi Hills until 17 August
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: who is Paul Vallone, the Democrat who says hydroxychloroquine saved his life?
- Coronavirus Trump executive orders: what will happen with student loan payments?
- BEIRUT EXPLOSION Lebanese court investigating Beirut port explosion