Benítez laughs off England rumours
The Newcastle United coach has dismissed reports linking him with vacant England manger job after Sam Allardyce resigned on Tuesday.
No chance of England job, says Benítez
Newcastle United coach Rafa Benítez has laughed off talk of him taking over the vacant England manager’s position. With the rumour mill in full flow following Sam Allardyce’s resignation, the Spaniard has dismissed any rumours of his interest in the job.
“There’s no chance,” he said with a smile at a press conference on Wednesday morning. “I’m focused on Newcastle.”
Allardyce resigns over corruption allegations
Allardyce stepped down after just 67 days in charge of the national side after he was filmed by an undercover reporter offering fake investors advice on how to circumvent FA regulations on third party ownership.
The FA, which finds itself in an unexpected position, has now been tasked with finding a new coach though few candidates are available at this stage of the season.
Te recomendamos en English
- Barcelona Leo Messi retirement date not far away warns Valverde
- REAL MADRID Bale: Real Madrid forward breaks his injury record
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho: "The only thing I can say is Eriksen will be a free agent at the end of the season"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Baresi's words for Van Dijk akin to "praise from the king" says Klopp
- BOCA JUNIORS Maradona: "They have less foresight than the captain of the Titanic"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City: Arteta "ready" to manage but Pep hopes he stays