Benítez laughs off England rumours
The Newcastle United coach has dismissed reports linking him with vacant England manger job after Sam Allardyce resigned on Tuesday.
No chance of England job, says Benítez
Newcastle United coach Rafa Benítez has laughed off talk of him taking over the vacant England manager’s position. With the rumour mill in full flow following Sam Allardyce’s resignation, the Spaniard has dismissed any rumours of his interest in the job.
“There’s no chance,” he said with a smile at a press conference on Wednesday morning. “I’m focused on Newcastle.”
Allardyce resigns over corruption allegations
Allardyce stepped down after just 67 days in charge of the national side after he was filmed by an undercover reporter offering fake investors advice on how to circumvent FA regulations on third party ownership.
The FA, which finds itself in an unexpected position, has now been tasked with finding a new coach though few candidates are available at this stage of the season.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Lautaro Martínez's buy-out will drop to 111 million euros in July
- Premier League Chelsea eye Hazard goal replacement for UCL knockout
- Champions League Luke Shaw pokes fun at old Manchester United mate Lukaku
- SERIE A Napoli sack Ancelotti
- Liverpool 'greedy for more' in Champions League after booking last-16 spot
- Champions League Champions League last 16 taking shape ahead of Monday draw