Cristiano asked cameraman for a replay of offside goal
The Real Madrid striker, who was convinced his goal was wrongly ruled out just before half time, headed straight for the camera to check a replay of the incident
Cristiano Ronaldo was left incredulous against Borussia Dortmund on Tuesday night when the linesman ruled his headed goal offside on the stroke of half time.
So incredulous in fact that just moments later, when referee Mark Clattenburg blew up for the interval, the Real Madrid striker headed straight for the nearest camera man to ask to see a replay of the incident.
Unfortunately for Cristiano, however, television replays showed it was a correct decision to disallow his goal – which would have put Madrid 2-0 up at half time – as he had indeed strayed offside before heading into the net.
Ronaldo though had managed to bag one earlier in the first half, meaning he kept up his impressive record of scoring more than one goal per game on average against German sides
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Second Stimulus Check: Senate returns to discuss approval of the second stimulus payment amid protest
- George Floyd Protests As riots increase in New York curfew hours have changed
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- George Floyd George Floyd: George W. Bush speaks out on racism and protests in US
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Is there a deadline to approve a second payment?