Eibar take pity on Madrid; no yellow shirts in the Bernabéu
Eibar, who visit the league leaders on Sunday, will resist the temptation to break out their away kit after Real's recent troubles against yellow shirts.
Real Madrid wouldn’t normally be very happy to see claret and blue shirts on the other side of the halfway line at the Bernabéu, but this Sunday it will come of something of relief that Eibar have resisted the temptation to wear their away strip; Real have been held to three consecutive draws by sides that wear yellow – Las Palmas, Villarreal and Dortmund – and the Basque visitors’ away shirts are the same colour.
There has been some talk of Real suffering from a form of psychosis when faced with the yellow; a flavescent form of kryptonite for Real in recent times. Last season’s Copa del Rey debacle in Cádiz that left the club with yoke all over its face was played out against opposition in yellow.
"We'll wear the claret and blue"
However, Eibar have decided to rise above the situation and have confirmed to AS that the team will wear their first kit on Sunday. “We have a claret and blue shirt which is the main kit for the first team and as there is no conflict in colours, we will play in that strip as we always do,” the club said.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?