Leicester City maintained their 100% record in their first Champions League campaign this week with an impressive 1-0 win over Porto but it wasn’t just the result that had Kaspar Schmeichel buzzing after the final whistle.
Kaspar Schmeichel meets his boyhood hero
The Leicester goalkeeper uploaded a photo to social media picturing him alongside Porto and former Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas, the player he described as his “boyhood idol.”
He said: “What a night! Amazing result and unbelievable atmosphere! Very special night for me playing against one of my boyhood idols.”
Leicester maintain 100% record in the Champions League
Leicester came out on top in a close encounter thanks to a headed goal from record signing Islam Slimani, who has impressed since joining the Foxes from Sporting Lisbon in the summer, and now sit top of Group G ahead of FC Copenhagen.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA $100 million coronavirus fraud losses after multiple scams
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City sign Nathan Ake
- CORONAVIRUS USA Stimulus check: CARES, HEALS and HEROES Acts compared
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: when will the money arrive?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths, HEALS Act and stimulus checks, today
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Casillas: Real Madrid, Spain's prolific 'goal unscorer' retires