Cristiano Ronaldo's private plane in Barcelona landing incident
The aircraft landing gear failed at the point of descent and the pilot had to manually intervene to avoid serious consequences. The Madrid player and family were not onboard.
Landing gear fail
The plane of Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo was involved in an incident last Monday at the El Prat airport in Barcelona when it went off the runway upon touchdown due to a technical fault, according to reports in Sport. There were no injuries to anyone onboard.
The landing gear of the Gulfstream G200 jet broke at the moment of descent and the pilot had to use his expertise to land the plane without more serious consequences.
Family not involved
The plane's owner, Cristiano, was not onboard at the time as he was in Germany preparing for the Champions League match against Borussia Dortmund. The Madrid player's aircracft is rented through a private company when not being used and at the time of the incident no member of the Ronaldo family was on the plane. The Portuguese star paid nearly 20 million euros for the plane at the end of 2015.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus checks: how many non-filers may be missing out on payment?
- Coronavirus When and how could a second stimulus check pass in the Senate?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: how much money is the new plan supported by Trump?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: possible dates to approve a new relief bill before the election
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: how is the IRS contacting people for missing payments?