Godín sidelined with sprained ankle, will miss Valencia game
The Uruguayan defender joins his international teammate José María Giménez on the treatment table, giving Diego Simeone a problem.
Atletico Madrid's Uruguayan international defender Diego Godín picked up a left ankle sprain during the Spanish club's midweek 1-0 Champions League win over Bayern Munich and will miss the match against Valencia this weekend.
"Sprained lateral collateral ligament"
"After a first examination by the club's medical staff, the international is suffering from a sprained lateral collateral ligament in his left ankle," the club said in a statement Thursday. "Additional tests will be conducted in the coming hours," it added without giving details for how long the 30-year-old was expected to be sidelined for.
Giménez also sidelined
The Spanish club are already without Uruguayan defender José Giménez, who suffered a thigh injury last weekend, and Godin's absence could prove a defensive headache for coach Diego Simeone ahead of his side’s trip to Mestalla.
Godín a doubt for WC qualifiers
Atletico play Valencia in La Liga action on Sunday with Godín also a possible doubt for Uruguay's upcoming 2018 World Cup qualifiers against Venezuela and Colombia.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID 4 games in 12 days that could shape Real Madrid's season
- 2019 Gulf Cup Bahrain beat Saudi Arabia to win the 2019 Gulf Cup
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's 'RBV', Zidane's alternative to the 'BBC'
- Aston Villa vs Leicester City Jamie Vardy becomes first player to score in eight straight PL games since ... Jamie Vardy!
- Serie A Zlatan to Serie A not a foregone conclusion, says Raiola
- REAL MADRID Bale back in full training with Real Madrid