Real Madrid daily round up: Benzema, Cristiano, Marcelo
The latest news from the Santiago Bernabeu as Zidane prepares his squad for Sunday's home game against Basque side Eibar.
The good news for Madrid fans is the sight of Marcelo back in training. The Brazilian defender is making a solid recovery after sustaining a calf injury in the game against Villarreal at the Santiago Bernabeu but will miss Brazil's forthcoming World Cup 2018 qualifiers against Bolivia and Venezuela.
Only 120 Eibar fans will make the to to the Bernabeu to see their side in action this Sunday. This contrasts with the 1.100 supporters who attended the corresponding fixture two seasons ago. Real Madrid hold a 7-0 overall scoreline against Eibar in their two seasons in the top flight.
Cristiano back with Portugal
Cristiano will be back with the national team for the first time since his injury in the final of Euro 2016 in Paris. Portugal face Andorra and the Faro Islands as part of their World Cup 2018 qualifying campaign.
Deschamps says no to Benz
"I always make my decisions on what's best for the squad". These were the words the French national team coach used to defend his selection process which onece again saw the Real Madrid striker ruled of a national team call up.
The Real Madrid player has been named ambassador for the Pablo Ugarte Association who help to fight Cancer in children and support families of children who suffer with the disease.
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL Mourinho got a "special" message from Ed Woodward after landing Spurs job
- REAL MADRID Marcelo on Rodrygo, Vinicius and anxiety before Liverpool game
- PREMIER LEAGUE Pochettino's goodbye to Spurs player etched on blackboard
- REAL MADRID Eden Hazard: "At one point this summer I weighed 80 kilos"
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid fans angry over Bale's "childish" antics - Calderon
- Premier League Mourinho's call for 'respect' as he sends warning to Klopp and Pep