Real Madrid daily round up: Benzema, Cristiano, Marcelo
The latest news from the Santiago Bernabeu as Zidane prepares his squad for Sunday's home game against Basque side Eibar.
The good news for Madrid fans is the sight of Marcelo back in training. The Brazilian defender is making a solid recovery after sustaining a calf injury in the game against Villarreal at the Santiago Bernabeu but will miss Brazil's forthcoming World Cup 2018 qualifiers against Bolivia and Venezuela.
Only 120 Eibar fans will make the to to the Bernabeu to see their side in action this Sunday. This contrasts with the 1.100 supporters who attended the corresponding fixture two seasons ago. Real Madrid hold a 7-0 overall scoreline against Eibar in their two seasons in the top flight.
Cristiano back with Portugal
Cristiano will be back with the national team for the first time since his injury in the final of Euro 2016 in Paris. Portugal face Andorra and the Faro Islands as part of their World Cup 2018 qualifying campaign.
Deschamps says no to Benz
"I always make my decisions on what's best for the squad". These were the words the French national team coach used to defend his selection process which onece again saw the Real Madrid striker ruled of a national team call up.
The Real Madrid player has been named ambassador for the Pablo Ugarte Association who help to fight Cancer in children and support families of children who suffer with the disease.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- METEOR SHOWER Perseid Meteor Shower: watch and follow live online
- Coronavirus India posts record single-day recoveries since the pandemic started
- US ELECTION Did Kamala Harris call Joe Biden racist as Trump campaign claims?
- BARCELONA Griezmann confident Barcelona will reach Champions League final
- PSG Neymar and Mbappé will stay at PSG, Al-Khelaifi confirms