Godín all but ruled out for Valencia; Tiago given all-clear
The Uruguayan picked up a sprained ankle against Bayern and may have to sit out Mestalla. Tiago has recovered and has is training normally.
Atlético Madrid carried out their Friday training session at the Spanish national team’s Laz Rozas facility in the absence of Diego Godín. The Uruguayan defender worked in the gym with the rest of Diego Simeone’s injured players, José Giménez, Alessandro Cerci and Miguel Ángel Moyá, while Augusto Fernández is also missing with a long-term anterior cruciate ligament injury.
Godín doubt for Valencia
Godín picked up a sprained ankle in the victory over Bayern Munich and is unlikely to be fit to make the trip to Mestalla for Sunday’s match against Valencia.
In good news for Simeone, Portuguese midfielder Tiago trained with the squad after being given the medical all-clear following a hamstring injury he suffered in September in a Champions League match against PSV.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS What's happening with GameStop stocks, Wall Street and Reddit?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: how could it be different from the first and second ones?
- US NEWS What has Biden said about the use of private prisons?
- US NEWS How many Republican senators have voted to dismiss Trump's impeachment?
- US NEWS How many extra doses of coronavirus vaccines has Biden ordered?
- FOOTBALL UEFA commits to 12 host cities for Euro 2020