Godín all but ruled out for Valencia; Tiago given all-clear
The Uruguayan picked up a sprained ankle against Bayern and may have to sit out Mestalla. Tiago has recovered and has is training normally.
Atlético Madrid carried out their Friday training session at the Spanish national team’s Laz Rozas facility in the absence of Diego Godín. The Uruguayan defender worked in the gym with the rest of Diego Simeone’s injured players, José Giménez, Alessandro Cerci and Miguel Ángel Moyá, while Augusto Fernández is also missing with a long-term anterior cruciate ligament injury.
Godín doubt for Valencia
Godín picked up a sprained ankle in the victory over Bayern Munich and is unlikely to be fit to make the trip to Mestalla for Sunday’s match against Valencia.
In good news for Simeone, Portuguese midfielder Tiago trained with the squad after being given the medical all-clear following a hamstring injury he suffered in September in a Champions League match against PSV.
Te recomendamos en English
- LA Galaxy extend Cristian Pavon loan
- MLS Pavón: LA Galaxy extend loan
- FOOTBALL Messi Pelé comparisons have "no credibility" - Brazil boss Tite
- TRANSFER NEWS ROUND-UP Pogba wants Juventus over Real Madrid
- International football Pelé's 'milésimo': 50 years on, why his 1,000th goal still matters
- SPAIN Spain: Luis Enrique reappointed as La Roja head coach