Godín all but ruled out for Valencia; Tiago given all-clear
The Uruguayan picked up a sprained ankle against Bayern and may have to sit out Mestalla. Tiago has recovered and has is training normally.
Atlético Madrid carried out their Friday training session at the Spanish national team’s Laz Rozas facility in the absence of Diego Godín. The Uruguayan defender worked in the gym with the rest of Diego Simeone’s injured players, José Giménez, Alessandro Cerci and Miguel Ángel Moyá, while Augusto Fernández is also missing with a long-term anterior cruciate ligament injury.
Godín doubt for Valencia
Godín picked up a sprained ankle in the victory over Bayern Munich and is unlikely to be fit to make the trip to Mestalla for Sunday’s match against Valencia.
In good news for Simeone, Portuguese midfielder Tiago trained with the squad after being given the medical all-clear following a hamstring injury he suffered in September in a Champions League match against PSV.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Can I refuse to have my temperature taken before work?
- LALIGA LaLiga given green light for Monday and Friday games this season
- PREMIER LEAGUE Four more positive tests in Premier League
- CORONAVIRUS 4th of July 2020: what’s going to happen on Independence Day?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Has Sweden’s herd immunity strategy failed?
- CORONAVIRUS Walt Disney World Resort to reopen: dates, safety measures