Godín all but ruled out for Valencia; Tiago given all-clear
The Uruguayan picked up a sprained ankle against Bayern and may have to sit out Mestalla. Tiago has recovered and has is training normally.
Atlético Madrid carried out their Friday training session at the Spanish national team’s Laz Rozas facility in the absence of Diego Godín. The Uruguayan defender worked in the gym with the rest of Diego Simeone’s injured players, José Giménez, Alessandro Cerci and Miguel Ángel Moyá, while Augusto Fernández is also missing with a long-term anterior cruciate ligament injury.
Godín doubt for Valencia
Godín picked up a sprained ankle in the victory over Bayern Munich and is unlikely to be fit to make the trip to Mestalla for Sunday’s match against Valencia.
In good news for Simeone, Portuguese midfielder Tiago trained with the squad after being given the medical all-clear following a hamstring injury he suffered in September in a Champions League match against PSV.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Serie A Champions Inter Milan have 'serious financial problems' – Zanetti
- BARCELONA Neymar: Al-Khelaifi warns Barcelona not to push for Messi reunion
- NBA LeBron James injury: how long has he been out and how many games missed?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Who is Daniel Ek, the Spotify CEO who wants to buy Arsenal?